An easy recipe for anyone who loves to cook, this dinner packs a lot a of savory flavor into every bite. Garnish with a sprig of fresh tyme, and you will be sure to leave a lasting impact on anyone who eats it that you know your stuff with food!
5 slices bacon diced
4-6 bone-in chicken thighs
salt and freshly cracked pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2-3 cloves garlic minced
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms about 3 cups, sliced
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large oven-proof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and fat is rendered. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate and pour out all but 1-2 tablespoons bacon grease. Increase heat to medium-high.
3. Season both sides of chicken thighs generously with salt, freshly ground pepper, and Italian seasoning. Carefully place chicken thighs in the skillet skin-side down, taking care to place them so they will cook evenly without having to move them. Cook for about 7 minutes or until skin side is nice and evenly browned and releases easily from the pan. If the skin sticks, continue cooking until skin releases easily. Flip chicken thighs over.
4. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 13 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F. Carefully transfer chicken thighs to another plate and place skillet on the stovetop. Take special care to always, always use a pot holder from this step forward; the handle will stay very hot.
5. Add sliced mushrooms and cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown and a bit softened, stirring only once midway. Add garlic and, stirring constantly, sauté about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant.
6. De-glaze the pan with white wine. Add salt and sprigs of fresh thyme to the skillet. Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 2-4 minutes, until flavors are blended and sauce is reduced a bit.
Add bacon and stir. Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper as desired. Return chicken thighs to skillet and coat with sauce. Serve with rice and vegetables